Sunday, March 25, 2018

Review of Supplement VI "The Majestic Wilderlands" By Robert S Conley part 3

Review continued with part 3.

What does not work for me for the Character Classes?

I don't care for Barbarians as a class and would not want to use them.

The rules don't even hint at the disadvantages of swearing fealty to a liege and the problems that could result. Especially if you swear fealty to the "wrong" liege and there are many ways it could be the "wrong" liege.

I don't really care of the way he increased the odds of becoming a Paladin by reducing the minimum Charisma to 15. I might be wrong, but it also looks like the power level of Paladins is increased over OD&D.

I find it odd that Myrmidons of Set while presented as enemies of the Paladins of Mitra, they are not presented as evil given that Set is normally considered to be not only evil but vile as well. The Myrmidons are clearling alternate Paladins and are in some ways more powerful than Paladins and significant advantages in the battle between the two.

Rogues for the most part, I can do without or at least limit them to NPCS with the one exception I noted previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment