Sunday, March 25, 2018

Review of Supplement VI "The Majestic Wilderlands" By Robert S Conley part 1

Mr Conley, asked to me to let him know if I liked this (and other documents) and so I started out to do a light review of his supplement, I may get to the other documents later.

First Impression, I love the cover - three hexes - three images, A ruined tower, two mounted warriors and a maiden reaching out to touch a knight leaving for war.

A SUPPLEMENT COMPATIBLE WITH THE Swords & Wizardry RULES AND ALL EDITIONS BASED ON THE ORIGINAL 1974 ROLEPLAYING GAME. In essence it is compatible with OD&D and games derived from OD&D. The parts of Swords & Wizardry that I object to do not come into play in this supplement and so can be ignored.

On the inside it references the JUDGES GUILD with a tiny map of the Majestic Wilderlands and it is based on an original setting by Robert Bledsaw Sr. Further it says there are over two dozen classes and races. New races, magic variants, creatures and magic items.

Now I realize this is released under the OGL which accounts for the TSR/WotC material, but I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how he used the Judges Guild material. I did not find a used with permission statement anywhere and as far as I know Judges Guild is not covered by the OGL.

Written in 2009 it claims to have been 30 years in the making and not knowing Mr Conley personally, I don't know if that means he started playing his campaign in the Wilderlands of High Fantasy in 1979, but I will assume that is what he meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment