Thursday, September 27, 2018

Blackmoor Week Day FOUR

Even though Dave Arneson Game Day is on October 1st 2018, I'll be doing my gaming on Saturday September 29th, 2018. 

Many people celebrate by gaming in Blackmoor, many even have Blackmoor as part of their own campaign and a similar thing happens with Greyhawk and Gygax. I don't do that myself, as I think that the spirit of the day is to do your own thing.

So this weekend, I and my friends will be gaming in my campaign world that I call The Blue Fire Diamond Campaign. I called it that because anything other than low level magic requires a focus gem and the highest potency magic is made with a Blue Fire Diamond as the focus gem. These are rare and hard to find and hard to obtain and hard to make it back to civilization with one.

We have a long running campaign with an average of eight players on game nights. Counting myself, we have three players from the early days of the campaign still around and playing. A mixed group of men and women, black and white, college and non-college. The only requirements are be a decent human being and have an imagination.

The campaign features unique creatures, magic, magic items and other stuff. Maybe as time goes by I will share some of those items here on the blog.

So what are you going to do to celebrate Dave Arneson Game Day? Are you doing something on the 1st of October or, like us, are you doing something this weekend? 

Please share with us what you are up to, we'd love to hear how you are celebrating.

2 comments: