Friday, September 28, 2018

Blackmoor Week Day FIVE

I posted yesterday about my game on Saturday to honor Dave Arneson for Dave Arneson Game Day and one of my friends posted a comment that he is playing as well. I am planning to post a little about my game on Monday October 1st which is the official Dave Arneson Game Day, it will take me at least that long to go through my notes and do a brief writeup.

So I want to throw out a challenge to all of you to post about your game (if any) this weekend on the 1st (unless of course your game is on the first). Several of us are going to be doing a blog search to see how many posts we can find and we'll collect those over on the forum and then it will be easy to copy paste that to our blogs for a comprehensive link to those posts.

A point that I think needs to be made in reference to these celebrations is that we are not Pro-Arneson and Anti-Gygax. We believe that those who worship St Arneson and St Gygax are a pack of idiots. Neither man was a saint. But both men had a profound influence on our hobby. What we are is Pro-Proper Credit being given to each.  The credit each deserves for what each did and not for what each did not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment